May 12, 2010

Daddy's Little Glo-Worm ....




On Sunday, we started to notice that Baby Benjamin was getting really yellow. His face and his tummy just didn't look right. As the day went on, we noticed that his little eyes where a really dirty yellow color. Jaundice..... Yes, my baby has jaundice. I called the doctor's office to ask about it and they kept telling me to wait to come in. However, I finally took him in yesterday and he does in fact have jaundice. We had to have a bili-light belt delivered to the house (so he didn't have to go back to the hospital) and he is now hooked up to this blue light to help alleviate the problem. The belt is pretty big so we really can't hold him or move him around much. He just has to lay there and we just have to look at him.. Poor Poor Baby. I know I want to just sit and hold him and I am sure he would like to be held as well. He has been a pretty good sport so far.. He has been wrapped up in it for about 17 hours. The nurses said he has to lay under it for 23 out of 24 hours in a day and that we will retest him Thursday morning to see if it is any better. To test for juandice, they punch a hole in his foot and squeeze blood out of his heel. Oh, he screamed and screamed, I felt so bad for him. And we have to do it again tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will pass the test so we can get back to "normal" life again.. Whatever that is at this point. Above is a picture of the little GLO-Worm..... Isn't he a cutie?

No comments: